- Parent Category: Frequently Asked Xbox Live Questions
- Hits: 4797
You can connect your Xbox to the Livebox via Ethernet, just set your Xbox network settings to Auto and you should connect fine. However some people seem to be struggling to get their 360's working wirelessly with the Orange/Wanadoo Livebox. Follow the steps below and you should be up and running in no time at all.
- Open up your web browser
- Type in http://192.168.1.1
You will be prompted to enter the Livebox username and password. The username is: admin. The password is: admin
- Click on Security/Wireless Configuration
Note down the WEP Security Key (26 Characters long)
- Go go to the 360 dashboard
- Select the System Blade/Network settings/Wireless
- Look for your Livebox wireless network, Your Livebox network name should appear, select the network by pressing A
- It will then ask you for the WEP Key, enter the 26 Character key you noted down earlier in CAPS no spaces. DO NOT PRESS DONE AT THIS STAGE
- Press the button in your livebox marked with a number 1 or (REG) (see below)
- Or if you are using the livebox mini press the wireless assocation button on the rear of the router above the reset button (see below referred to by number 1)
- Now press done on the 360
Your connection to Xbox live should now work, if not ensure your WEP key is correct (the main cause of issues) and remember its CaSE SenSITive
If you are still getting the "IP Address Failed" message after doing the above. Try disabling the security settings in the Livebox.
Restart the Livebox then carry out the instructions above again. If it works ok, reapply the security settings after you have successfully connected.
Manuals for this router in English are quite hard to come by. After much searching I have managed to find one, if you require it please contact me via the forum.